Quit Smoking Right Now

I can still remember that hot summer day in June of 1971; I was 5 years old, and purchasing my first pack of cigarettes for my father. Each day, straight up noon, my dad would come pulling up in his Ford Torino, and that was my cue, I’d run the two blocks to McCartey’s Market, a small neighborhood grocery store on the corner of 13th and Tindall Ave in Trenton, Missouri, and pick up a pack of Sir Walter Raleigh cigarettes.
On this particular June lunch hour, that I believe to have been my very first cigarette purchasing adventure, I leaned over the only checkout counter in the store and timidly said, “I need a pack of Sir Walter Raleigh’s please”, and the lady’s reply still haunts me some 36 years later. “Oh how cute, honey are you gonna smoke these, or are they for your Daddy?”She asked. “They’re my Daddy’s” I chirped back. “Well I’ll bet when you get a little older, you’ll smoke the same kind, won’t you?”
While I truly don’t remember my reply to her statement, her words are forever burned into my mind. Fortunately, being the hard headed person I am, I was polarized to someone telling me what I was going to do someday, and I’ve never smoked. But my how things have changed. It was not an uncommon experience to see kids buying cigarettes back then.
But that’s not the point of my story; the real purpose of my story is to point out how many people’s lives have been destroyed by this legal poison that’s still sold today.
As a professional speaker, I travel all over the country, speaking to men and women who command big fat salaries and live pretty high on the hog, and guess what? Nicotine could care less about how much you money you make, it crosses all socio-economic lines, negatively impacting the lives of all who fall prey to her seductive relaxation techniques.
A good friend of mine, and well-known Internet entrepreneur, Rick Beneteau, has unleashed something that he believes will change the world and the lives of millions…it certainly changed his.
You see, Rick smoked for almost 40 years, and was suffering physically. After having has several failed attempts at quitting, Rick made an appointment with a clinic that claimed to have a 90% success rate with getting smokers to quit.
Here’s the kicker; the clinic told Rick that not only would he quit, but he would quit forever! And he’s do it without having cravings; without stress; and without patches, pills, and gums.
And that’s exactly what happened. Rick didn’t have any strong cravings, used no pills or patches, and suffered no major anxiety…..and he didn’t gain any weight, not even a pound.
Here are some facts about smoking that you may or may not have seen before, but they’re staggering, and worth seeing again. Those who decide to quit smoking have a financial burden, but worse yet, none of the following methods have shown very promising results:
A Nicotrol Inhaler will cost you approx. $509.88.
3 months of chewing Nicorettes will cost you approx. $337.50.
7 weeks of swallowing Zyban pills will cost you anywhere from $160.08 to $300.00+ depending on where you purchase. 3 months of "withdrawal munchies" (with other programs) will add at least $700.00 to your grocery bill
But what if you could quit smoking? Are the benefits really that great if you’ve been smoking most of your life? After 1 year off cigarettes, the excess risk of heart disease and sudden death caused by smoking is reduced by half. After 15 years of abstinence, the risk of heart disease is similar to that of people who've never smoked. In 5 to 15 years, the risk of stroke for ex-smokers returns to the level of those who've never smoked. Male smokers who quit between ages 35 to 39 can add up to 15 years to their life. Female quitters in this age group can add up to 12 years. Men and women who quit at ages 65 to 69 increase their life expectancy by up to 3 years.
Oh, I almost forgot, have you ever had an X-Ray? If so, then you’ve probably noticed the X-ray techs wearing those lead lined aprons to protect themselves, right? Do you know why that is?
X-Rays are dangerous…being exposed to the rays that are emitted through your body can actually damage you, and …each pack of cigarettes has been estimated by researchers to be the equivalent of one chest X-Ray!
I’ve known Rick for a long time now, and I know that if he says it's good…then you better believe that it is. He is as stoked about this as anything I’ve ever heard him ranting about.
Look, it’s bad enough we once had an era where a 5 year old could buy cigarettes for their Daddy, and be encouraged to smoke the same kind someday. But now, those 5 year olds are in their 40’s, and watching loved ones, friends, and family members dying around them. Whenever, however, and for whatever reasons, I hope that if you have been a smoker, you’ll find a way to quit. You might even choose to do it like Rick did.
Vincent Harris is a professional speaker, trainer, and consultant. He has written this article primarily to tout the lifesaving system that his good friend Rick Beneteau used to finally quit smoking for good. You can learn more about it by going to http://www.successpath.info/quitsmokingrightnow
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Vincent_Harris

No comments: